Tuesday, July 01, 2008

I'm It

I'm it....
I've been blog-tagged by Rachael!

My six random things:

1. I took banjo lessons in high school and at the beginning of college. A favorite history/anthro teacher in high school was in a bluegrass band. Because of him, there were some students who played bluegrass. We went to see his band at a bar a few times - that was a big deal to us in high school! I still have the banjo, though I don't remember how to play it.

2. My first mountain bikes were all some variation of a Stumpjumper (Sport, Comp, etc.) When I got the second Stumpjumper, I didn't want an orange (or black) bike at the time so I got the next higher model in order to have the choice of a red or blue bike. (I was a part-timer at a shop so the price difference wasn't huge) So I guess it's sort of funny that much later, when I decided to get a Blur, I searched all over to find an anodized orange frame!! It's funny how much your tastes can change over time, now I love the color orange. (as well as some other colors that I didn't use to like!) (note: those were not my first bikes, just my first mountain bikes.)

3. Raggedy Ann and Andy, in various sizes, were my favorite toys as a kid, as well as Matchbox cars. I used to draw Raggedy Ann and Andy comic strips when I had to go somewhere boring with my parents and needed something to do, and I would also make my poor parents sit through boring "plays" with all the Anns and Andys as the characters. I also once wrapped up Andy's "broken" leg up in toilet paper to make a cast and then (probably) embarrassed my mother by taking him out in public with his leg wrapped in t.p.!

4. I love information. I like finding out why things are the way they are or how they work by asking questions or by reading. I also like passing along useful info to people.

5. Having to do math without a calculator makes me feel like I am in second grade again and class is about to end, but I haven't finished all of the questions on my math test yet.

6. Until not so long ago, I used to put peanut m&m's in the microwave for a bit, maybe 15 or 20 seconds, to partially melt the chocolate inside. They are really good that way!

I am going to tag Holly, Ben, Chris, Brittany, Renee, and Mike

(If any of you hate these things, or don't have time, and don't want to do it, I understand. Even if you don't want to tag other people, tell us the six things.)

here are the rules:

link to the person who tagged you.
post the rules on your blog.
write six random things about yourself.
tag six people at the end of your post.
let each person know they've been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog
let the tagger know when your entry is up.

5 comments:

Chris said...

I hear playing the banjo is like riding a bike?

Ben said...

mine is done

julie said...

mmm, peanut M&M's. along with diet coke, the things that fuel my life.

Anonymous said...

mine is done too.

MadCross said...

I'm done now too!