Ah, nothing like a few surprises in the mail along with the fresh new Velo-News! I got a letter from the state telling me that security was breached on a computer that had my name and ss number on it. They recommend putting a fraud alert on my file at each of the credit bureaus, and going over my credit reports carefully. And possibly taking stronger measures, such as doing a freeze. It's race season, don't they know know there isn't time for one more thing on the list??!!
Couldn't the hackers do this stuff in the wintertime? Seriously though, this is at least the fourth time over the past few years I have gotten a notice like this from a company or organization, not counting the time someone actually did steal my card number and start buying stuff!!
My to do list is out of control. The whirlwind of race season is in full tilt. It seems like I get back from one race, and before I have a chance to get the car cleaned out and my stuff washed, it's the weekend and time to pack for another one! And in between I am tracking down shoe buckles, or trying to locate new brake pads and rotors (which of course I should have "in stock" at home), or trying to get a wobbly wheel trued, or whatever. And that's just bike stuff. "Life" stuff is really getting neglected, I'm way behind and it's only the beginning of June!
I never got to post a story from the Lake Geneva race. I'm still hoping to get one written about Wausau weekend.
My friend Tawnya gets into town late tonight, to visit her old friends and to meet up with her Dad and sister. She is training for Leadville in August. She is bringing a road bike, but would love to borrow a mountain bike while she is here, until Tuesday. If anyone close by knows a place to rent from or someone about 5'5" (a small frame, I think) to borrow from?? My bikes are too big. She wants to ride either at Kettle or Palos.
Tomorrow morning she is going to road ride 4 hours, then 2 on Friday. I will likely start out on both rides, and turn around when my back says "enough of this", and go to work.
WEMS is going to be fun on Saturday! It sounds like the whole world is going to this race. Someone was asking me if the parking lot will fill up. I think that the grassy part will eventually fill, but that hopefully we won't end up having to go across the street to the Nordic lot.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
We had the security breach with CPS this year. All you need to do is call one of the credit places, I called equifax, and they will put a fraud alert on for 90 days and get the other 2 places notified. It takes about 5 minutes to do.
Thanks, you are right.
Post a Comment